Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What Happened?

What happened to the wonderment of childhood? When I was a kid, everything was wonderful to me. I could look at things with innocent eyes. I can no longer do that, because I know adult truths, and I know that nothing can ever again look mystical and amazing again

 When I look up at the sky see clouds, I feel like all those clouds represent hope. Each one carries its own sense of the word. One cloud represents a woman's' longing for love, another a man's hope for relief. They all stand for something, things we all know that we won't get.

Having hope is kind of like having a dream that will never come true. One wants the dream to come true, but it won't out of fear of rejection. When children have dreams, adults think that they're cute. They smile down at them, knowing that they may have to conform to society, and not be free.

When you get to that certain age, and start to learn that the world is not as it seems, you wonder how anything could look beautiful. I wondered that once. I wonder now how little children cannot see the real things on Earth. All they see is a field full of friendly animals and flowers, while I look at the same field and see carnage, like a war has gone through.

When I first learned about these kinds of things, I wasn't really worried, because I didn't think that I would see things differently. But then, I was suddenly colder, more alert, and indifferent. I didn't want to be happy, because I knew that not everybody was. I didn't enjoy things, when other people are starving and hurt.

There are many shades of gray, but I guess that you have to know some things in order to see certain shades.

7 comments:

  1. I love your story . I love how you use the commas in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece of writing, you truly have enormous talent. It is very poetic and opinionated at the same time. You should never stop dreaming, and always go for your dreams, no matter how unrealistic they may seem. Don't let anyone tell you the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon! Your blog is very interesting, I like it! It has a little bit of everything and is all grammatically correct and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! People around me never compliment me like that, I really appreciate it. Makes me fell all warm and fuzzy.

      Delete
  3. Hi, I'm Ella .I like your writing, it just simply beautiful. The way you describe things from different aspects make me really think about those things that I used to see and how I see it now, and what you write is so true. I really like your blog and the posts ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm Liz. I just really liked your piece on Tet. It sounds so much better than American holidays. I try to write from the heart, but it's hard when I'm told what to write about. I mostly write poems, but this is actually my first piece that I've expressed my feelings about something. It feels kind of freeing.

      Delete
  4. Hello,

    I am visiting your blog through a link on the blogging challenge site. I enjoyed reading your post because it is so different from the same old sort of assigned topics many students choose to write about. Good writing is, first and foremost, honest, and you definitely nailed that. I look forward to reading more of your writing!

    Keep up the great work!

    Ms. Tatiana
    www.worldstaracademy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. The comments from people outside of my class are really flattering. People in my class say it's good, but never really say why, so it's nice to see some people that can express themselves.

      Delete