Thursday, February 2, 2012

Untitled Poem #2

I can see her there, standing in the grey.
I want to reach out to her, but I know that if I do, I won't see her anymore.
She beckons me, but I know that now is not my time.

They all get over her, but I can't. She was mine, I can't live without her.
Her family focuses on other things, trying to forget. I can't. I need her.

Without her, my life is an empty void. Every night I dream of her. She tells me to wait, that I will be with her soon enough, but this waiting is killing me. I want to feel her hair through my fingers, and touch her soft skin.

I have waited weeks months, almost a year know, yet she tells me the same thing, Wait. I avoid the places we used to go, so that I'm not reminded of her.

When friends come around, I shut down. Every time I look at them, they remind me of times with her. They joke and laugh, but I won't do the same. To feel happiness without her, is wrong.

Finally, she tells me to come. I don't know how, but she tells me.

This is the place we picked. It's abandonded, and high up. They say the jump is painless. I prepare myself to be with her, after all these months. I jump.

Finally seeing her is peaceful. She smiles and I can't help but do the same. We're finally together. Forever as one.

1 comment:

  1. That was amazing Liz I see how you wrote this to tell how that person felt when they can't live with them... This person can't live nor can see them but they can't make to them.... Brilliant!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete